Pages

20.11.10

Tech Support


Why is it called "Technical Support" if technically they really can't 'support' me....?
No I'm serious! I was off limits on the internet for a bit... A bout a week or so ago we called our phone company to change our original modem which had been giving us too many problems. A day later they gave us the new one and well I was a bit over frustrated as our newly adquired modem was not exactly working. So I called in for help and this is how it went when I called Tech support:

Him... "Hello this is ---- thank you for calling out tech support, to whom am I speaking?"
 "Um hi this is (me)"
"Hello miss, can i help you?"
No shit! what do you think I called for? to say hi or something? "Yeah our newly adquired modem isn't working properly"
"Yes, can you tell me the model number and name?"
Rolls eyes "Yeah its ----"
"Alright, before I start can I ask what your phone number is? So I can check your line in case of any abnormalities."
Oh, dare you try to call me and I'll have you fired "It's ------"
"Aside from your (company name) email adress, do you have another email I could send information to?"
Yah well not like I can get your emails anyways if my STUPID INTERNET IS NOT WORKING!! "Um yah, it's ---------."
"Ok i need you to navigate to (such and such page)"
Um... I just said there's no internet... are you deaf or something? "Alright." (I do as I'm told and hey there is such an offline page... A user/password pop up window appears...) "Ahem... it seems like I'm in need of a user and its password."
"Yes, use ---- user and ----- password and let me know when you go in"
I go in. "Ok, I'm in."
(Anyways after trying and again for him to figure out what the problem was and nothing seemed to be working...)
A few minutes later.... -him- "Ok it seems like you need to restart your modem, please insert a pin right where the 'restart' button is. This may take a few seconds"
I do so... "Ok... its not working"
...And more minutes later....
"Ok there seems to be a problem wiht your (another) new user account and password, it seems to take about 10 minutes so the systems can figure it out. I will call you when we do."
-sigh- and an angry face "Alright."
5 minutes later the phone rings....
"Hello this is ----- calling you from tech support"
Rolls eyes. "Yes this is (me)."
"Alright we have just tested your account and your password in a lab here and it seems to be working right. you can now try once more."
Grrrrr "Ok." -silence- "It's not working."
""Ok, let me go check (somewhere else) why."
Stupid idiots why can't they just fix it! seriously! "sure..."
So the man puts me on hold and I'm wating.... for what seems like a long, long time....
He's back... "Yes, there seems to be a problem..." (DEAR TOMATOES, SERIOUSLY?!) "...and I will have to go down to central to see why you're not getting our signal. The service will be available from 24 thru 72 hours from now."
DUDE! I DON'T HAVE 24 HOURS!"Um... ok..."
"Is there anythign else I can help you with?"
If you couldn't help me with this, you really can't help me at all! So let me get this straight.... "So there will be no internet service for the next 24 thru 72 hours??!" sound desperate...
"No miss, but you can always use the "Dial-up" service, only that will cut your phone line."
Well, will you tell me something I don't already know?! "um... ok."
"And remember there are over 2000 free wi-fi spots scattered all over Mexico, all you have to do is find one near you and access freely with your new account and password"
-sigh- seriously? you want me to get out of my cozy warm house to find a wi-fi hotsopt in the middle of the freezing night? "Um... ok..."
"So is there anything else I can assist you with?"
Are you serious? anything ELSE? what did you help me with? "Erm... no."
-silence- "Are you sure?"
Heck yeah I'm sure! right now I want to just hang up on you for not halping me at all! "Yes, I am sure. Thank you."
"Alright well, I can help you by tutoring you around finding another way to connect to the internet..."
Ugh, will he ever hang up? "No, thank you."
"Alright miss, thank you for calling our tech support, have good night"
"Yeah..." whatever....

Ok that did not go so well ... when I hung up I was even more annoyed at the Good-for-nothing phone company...
Eventually our phone line was restored... and thankfully I was not here for the week it did not work yaay! :P as of now... I still think we need another phone company :D

3 comments:

Chris said...

oh hahaha...this is quite amusing:D and very realistic! Being a nerd myself :-P I totally get the scene as it unfolds!!!
Poor you Ester!
That guy really got a piece of your mind hahah good for you!

Alice J. said...

Hehhehe weelll... I only said what is in between quotations ("") the rest I had to resist saying.... :D

Rose said...

hahahah love it!! love ur way of writting, i was just feeling rather down and i saw ur blog, this totally made my day! tkz

You are visitor number....