Pages

9.4.10

I trust you!

This morning I awoke... kinda groggily... Johnny cam in the room and said... "Well, there's still 15 minutes left" -Oh great, snooze time- :)
I closed my eyes and instantly, I was in this forest. Lush greenery all over... beautiful, amazing. I walked over to where I could hear a river flowing by... I could tell I wasn't alone. I got to the edge of the river and somehow I knew I was supposed to get to the other side; so I stood there feeling useless.
Jesus came up to my side and grabbed my hand; he squeezed it reassuringly as he looked into my eyes. He said, "Do you trust me?" I looked at him... puzzled. He took a step towards the water. -Still puzzled- "I trust you." I said with insecurity. He pulled me with him towards the water and said, "Do you trust me?" I stood there incredulously... -I think I know what's coming- "I ... I trust you." Butterflies filled my stomach.... -Yeah, I know what's coming- He said to me, "Then, come with me."
I walked over right besides where he was standing, as we stepped on the water... I was nervous, and I tried not to look down... it was impossible to look down when I was looking at his face.
He held my hand and talked to me... about intimate things. He told me so much, I wish I had recorded it... I realized then that we didn't cross the river... we were walking along with the flow... he kept talking to me, reassuring me, telling me things... I was scared cause I knew something was coming up... not only here and now but in my "real life"... Almost as if he read my mind, He reassured me He'd be there for me ... always... He spoke such sweet word... and again... I wish i could have recorded them.
We walked along the water to where we got to the edge of a waterfall. He turned to look intently in my eyes, "Do you trust me?" -It was impossible not to at this point- insecurely I said... "I trust you." And once more He said, "Do you trust me? even if what I ask of you seems like too much, even when you feel hopeless and trying times beat you, when your patience is tried and you're at the end of your rope... when the road gets dark ahead and you can't see a thing... Do you trust me?"
I bit my lip as I looked down the waterfall. In my mind I saw things I won't even try to remember; then all the past reassurance flooded my mind washing away all the doubts and fears. I looked into His eyes as I inwardly I let go of everything. My plans, my future, my present, my fears, my hopes and dreams... everything... except for Him. "I trust you."
He smiled and held me tight in his arms. As he let go of me He said, "Come with me." And He stepped out into thin air... -I couldn't help myself- "Seriously?" He smiled and held out His hand as he said, "You didn't actually think I'd let you fall... did you?"
A tingle of excitement filled the air. I took his hand and stepped into thin air as I looked into his face and said, "I trust you!"

10 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful! Inspiring! Heavenly!
And convicting...
"Lord I trust you! Please help thou my doubts!"
TYJ for always being there! You are an amazing friend, guide, lover, and teacher--and you motivate me in ways no one has ever been able to! I love you Jesus!

Thank you so much Es for posting this! You have no idea how tough today was but THIS...perfect!

Stephanie said...

Beauty, I mean Esther...this touched me so much. It reminds me of what He's asking of me and in just the same way I don't have any specific idea of what it is but..! Ahh! Trusting him.
I trust you..Jesus..I trust you. Help me to keep trusting you, especially when the going really gets tough. You're amazing, you're beautiful, unlike any other, You're the best -and I have the best in You, thank you.
Praise you Jesus for Ali/Esther :) Thank you for your love so great that doesn't only care so deeply and personally for us, but we can also trust will care in just the same way for the ppl we love. Thank you!

Stephanie said...

Thank you for taking the time to recount your story, your experience (hugs you tightly)

Alice J. said...

:) I'm so glad it inspired you! ahh TYJ!

Chris said...

Amen! If He can take such amazing care of us, He can surely take care of those close to us--our loved ones!
US and HIM, I can't think of a better way!
PS I've never met any of you but I want to add as a footnote that I'm honored to be serving our lover and king with you!
You are beautiful in body AND spirit, ALL of you!
And Kwan, I love your posts!:D

Windy said...

This is beautiful! GBY for sharing it! It inspired me so much! :*

MJ said...

awww estie! THis is soooo beautiful! eeesh! THanks for sharing it with us all~~!muah!

Stephanie said...

Honored too Chris :-*

Alice J. said...

I support Chris :D:D it is an honor to be here with you!
seriously, I don't know where I'd be in this world without the Family and all of you guys! I love you! :*

kat said...

wow, this was awesome, it's so cool how Jesus is able to do just anything with us and for us, and how all we need to do is just trust in his infinite power and love. This post was super inspiring, thanks so much for posting it, i love you tons!! keep on trusting and loving Jesus and he'll carry you through like he always does :*

You are visitor number....